Why become a B’Nai Shalom v’Tikvah (BSVT) member?
All shabbat services and the second day of Rosh Hashanah service are free for everyone and there is no requirement to be a member to attend. However, there are several reasons to consider membership as outlined below.
- High holiday tickets are included for all family members as well as discounted tickets for extended family members
- Shul representatives and rabbinic staff are available for officiating and helping organize weddings and b’nai mitzvahs
- BSVT offers support for grieving families and help in organizing burials and conducting shivas
- Ability to purchase a plot in the BSVT consecrated section of Pine Ridge Cemetery
- A Hebrew school for children aged five through thirteen featuring online lessons, in class activities and worship opportunities (with a student teacher program for secondary school aged students)
- Adult education classes and seminars
- Access to the community mikvah of Greater Toronto, sponsored by Reform and Conservative congregations in the GTA
- Assistance in conversion services arranged for families where non-Jewish members want to convert to Judaism through the Jewish Information Class
- Mezzuzahs in motion, an innovative service where BSVT congregants help put up mezzuzahs on member homes
- Very affordable membership fees (No person will ever be refused membership because of an inability to pay).
- Special events and festivals throughout the year.
BSVT is a non-profit organization and all money is used to pay for services, building rental and other overhead. All board members are volunteers.
As a member of the Canadian Council of Reform Judaism and the Union of Reform Judaism, B’Nai Shalom v’Tikvah supports a number of progressive initiatives in North America and Israel. In addition, children and adults can access many benefits: Jewish summer camps in Canada, the U.S.A. and Israel; opportunities for learning for high school and post-secondary students in Israel, on-line learning opportunities for adults and so much more.
If you are new to BSVT and would like to check us out, check the events page regarding service dates. Your first time attending High Holiday services is also free of charge. We would love for you to join us.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message telephone at (905) 428-2580
Here is a link to the membership form for the 5780 Hebrew calendar year including more details on what BSVT has to offer and a welcome letter from the President and Rabbi.
CONNIE HARVEY SCHOLARSHIP FUND
In memory of one of our founding members, the Connie Harvey Scholarship Fund has been established to annually:
- Recognize Jewish scholastic achievement and ,
- Award a subsidy, made available to a successful candidate.